Sunday, August 2, 2009

Required Reading

Over on theology web, I do a once or twice a week PM to various people that I list as required reading(and videos). These take the form of, generally short, links to various places around the internet that are really good information. I figured I would expand that to the WORLD! (no one has even read this thing yet and here I am having delusions of grandeur)

Anyway,

The first article I ended up linking was a fairly long 1924 newspaper article written by an atheist by the name of Rupert Hughes entitled "Why I quit going to church"

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/rupert_hughes/why_i_quit_going_to_church.html

The interesting thing you'll notice when reading this, is how little has actually changed in america, in the arguments against atheists, for theism, and general attitude.

What other section of society is viewed the same way as the 20's?

No comments:

Post a Comment